Book cheap flights for Brazil with American Airlines Deals. Get a chance to reserve the best seats in the sky for you and your family without burning a hole in your pocket. Make your reservations today with American Airlines Reservations for the best holiday offers.
Here are some interesting facts about Brazil you haven’t heard before
- Brazil is the largest country in Latin as well as South America, home to over 211 million people. It is the 5th largest country in the world and the 6th most populous region.
- Portuguese is the official language and one of the most multicultural and one of the most ethnically diverse regions owing to the mass immigration from around the world. It is also home to the most populated Roman Catholic majority in South America.
- Until 1808 Brazil remained colonized under the Portuguese and in 1815 the colony was elevated to the rank of kingdom upon the formation of the United Kingdom of Portugal.
- Brazil achieved independence in 1822 when the Empire of Brazil was created- a unitary government under a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary system.
- Today Brazil owing to its rich culture and history has been ranked 13th in the world by the total number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- World Bank has classified Brazil as an upper-middle-income economy and a newly industrialized country with the largest share of global wealth in South America.
- Brazil is the founding member of many global organizations like the United Nations, BRICS, G20, Organization of American States, Community of Portuguese Language Countries, Organization of Ibero- American States.
- Some of the most popular attractions in Brazil include Christ the Redeemer, Sugarloaf Mountain, Corcovado, Tijuca National Park, Historic Centre of Salvador de Bahia, etc.
For more blogs on the different destination, you can check out American Airlines today.