Vienna is the largest capital city and one of the nine states in Austria. With more than 1.9 million residents Vienna is the largest city in Austria and it is also the hub for all commercial undertakings, arts, and culture, politics, etc. Vienna is the largest German-speaking city in the world till the 20th century before splitting into the Austro-Hungarian Empire in World War I. Today this city is called the City of Music owing to its strong presence in the musical industry, its famous classical musicians, and its amazing musical legacy.
With so much to explore why not organize your trip today with American Flights and special offers. Make your reservations today with American Airlines if you want to cut down your travel expenses. Hurry!!
Here are some interesting facts about Vienna
- Vienna is home to the 2nd largest German-speaking population in the world after Berlin.
- Vienna is also home to world-famous musicians like Beethoven and Mozart.
- Vienna has been listed as one of the most livable cities in 2005 and second in 2011 and 2015. It was the first globally ranked city when we talk about innovation, culture, infrastructure, and markets.
- It is the only wine capital in the world which is houses more than 1,700 acres of vineyards and 320 vintners, producing wine within its city limits. Some of the most popular white wine varieties include Weiburunnder, Gruner Veltliner, etc.
- Some of the hottest tourist destinations in Vienna are Hofburg, Belvedere Palace, Schonbrunn Palace, Prater, St Stephens Cathedral, Vienna State Opera, Albertina, Hundertwasser House, etc.
- The world’s oldest Ferris wheel is situated in Vienna –The Wiener Riesenrad. This Ferris wheel is still operating today, it was constructed in 1897 located in Wurstelprater amusement park which is also a major tourist attraction in Vienna.