Make your reservations today with American Airlines Flights to enjoy endless travel benefits. Work with some of the best travel agents online to complete your flight bookings.
Here are some interesting facts about Paris
- Paris witnesses more than 38 million visitors making it the second most visited destination in the world after Bangkok and London.
- Paris hosted the 1924 FIFA World Cup, 2007 Rugby World Cup, the 1938 and 1998 FIFA World Cup, the 2016 UEFA European Championship, etc.
- Paris is one of the most populated cities of France and since ancient times it has been an important center for finance, commerce, science, and arts.
- In 2018 it was listed as one of the most expensive cities in the world after Singapore.
- The historic district of Seine in Paris is classified as a UNESCO Heritage Site owing to its iconic landmark and attractions like the Cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris, Gothic Royal chapel of Sainte Chapelle, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, the Basilica of Sacre Coeur and many more.
- The word Paris is derived from the Gallic Parisii tribe from paraf-peri which means the makers or the commanders.
- Paris has been nicknamed as the City of Lights owing to its huge role during the Age of Enlightenment and because it was the first European city to use gas street lighting on a grand scale along its boulevards and monuments.
- The Parisii who are a sub-tribe of Celtic Senones were the earliest inhabitants of Paris during the 3rd century BC while the Romans conquered Paris during the 52 BC and began their settlement in the Left Bank.
For more information on flight bookings, cheap flight tickets, cheap tour packages, cheap last-minute deals, flight cancellations, offers, you can check out American Airlines.