Dubrovnik is one of the most prominent tourist destinations in the Mediterranean Sea, a city located in the Adriatic Sea, southern Croatia. Dubrovnik has in fact listed in the UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979 owing to its unspoiled natural beauty and endless attractions. Uncover more facts about this beautiful city with the list we have prepared for you below.
If you are looking for cheap travel packages or simply looking for online flight booking assistance then you are in the right place. Get a chance to fly with American Airlines Flights and enjoy the best flight services in the sky without burning a hole in your pocket. Contact our customer support today to know more.
Here are some interesting facts about Dubrovnik:
- Dubrovnik dates back to the 7th century when the town of Ragusa was founded by refugees from- Epidaurum.
- Dubrovnik emerged as a successful city owing to its booming maritime trade and commerce during the 14th and 19thcenturies.
- In 1667 the entire city of Dubrovnik was demolished by a major earthquake.
- In 2000 it was listed as the Mediterranean’s top tourist destination and also a popular filming spot the most popular one being the –HBO Television series Game of thrones.
- The word Dubrovnik was first recorded in the 12 century and was widely in use during the 16th and 17th century while Ragusa was used from the 10th century and used until the 18th century.
- Dubrovnik experiences humid continental and Mediterranean type of climate where summers receive less than 44mm of rainfall.
- Some of the most popular tourist attraction in Dubrovnik includes Old Town, Sdr, Walls of Dubrovnik, Lokrum, Stradun, Rectors Palace, the Cathedral of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, etc.
For more blogs and updates on cheap flight tickets, you can check out American Airlines today.